Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Current News » CURRENT NEWS post everything here

Post subject: Fallon's resignation and the political fallout - 12 Mar 08
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:30 am 
Anti-Zionist princess

Admiral William Fallon's decision to step down as military commander for the Middle East will have various implications, particularly displayed through Washington's approach to Iran's nuclear programme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud3IhC-0mq0

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ud3IhC-0mq0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ud3IhC-0mq0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:04 am 
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

I wonder how much of it was his decision...

told to, constructive dismissal, or voluntarily knowing what he was going to have to do if he decided to hang in there...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:09 am 
Anti-Zionist princess

He was forced out, no doubt about it. You cant get in the way of Israel policy and stay in command.

GRRRRRR!!!!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:11 am 
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

The only way into war with Iran now is with an incident. I am getting increasingly worried of a manufactured "incident". And no one will beleive what I say then because I am Iranian. I am going to be one pissed of mutherfucker. But you'll see, Iranians, by and large, will NOT resort to violence, we're just not like that. But I won't keep my mouth shut.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:42 am 
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

GamerS wrote:
The only way into war with Iran now is with an incident. I am getting increasingly worried of a manufactured "incident". And no one will beleive what I say then because I am Iranian. I am going to be one pissed of mutherfucker. But you'll see, Iranians, by and large, will NOT resort to violence, we're just not like that. But I won't keep my mouth shut.

It's odd how many folks think of the phony Strait of Hormuz incident as justification, even after all these months, for military action against Iran. I guess it may not be alot of people, but someone cited that in a letter to the editor the other day so I assume the editor had several like-minded letters. :roll:

No doubt about it, there will be another manufactured incident. Apparently Adm. Fallon doesn't feel comfortable pulling the trigger from one of our nuclear subs in the Persian Gulf. Hopefully there are other people along the chain of command with a bit more self-restraint than Abizaid and Odierno and their ilk.

"Fine, let’s take a vote. Who wants fish for dinner?...Yeah, democracy ain’t so fun when it fucks you, huh?” http://twitter.com/Shitmydadsays

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:28 pm 
Speaking out
Speaking out

GamerS wrote:

Well the coming collapse of the US economy via the banking system thanks to the Yen carry trade, and Federal Reserve/Subprime crisis irresponsibilities and offshore tax havens, will most likely be an incident in iteself. Economic 9/11 coming soon. All we need is a major recession/depression and maybe put the icing on the cake with another violent "incident" to slam the door shut.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:39 am 
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Fallon always said he would resign before he would go along with a war with Iran. This could be the signal. The dollar dropped almost 2 cents today and oil reached a record $110.20 a barrle.

AIPAC trial is in a month. The admin is racing against the clock. I wonder what stunt they will pull.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:40 am 
Anti-Zionist princess

http://www.rys2sense.com/anti-neocons/v ... 3500#83500

Board index » Current News » CURRENT NEWS post everything here