Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Current News » CURRENT NEWS post everything here

Post subject: Tibet a little bias coverage and here is why
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:27 am 
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

What I don't understand is why protest the Olympics just because it is in China? What of the 100 some other countries in it? What of the athletes who train their whole lives for it and have no more to do with Tibet than you or I.

It just amazes me how much the media controls people. Now I know there are some who have been yelling free Tibet for 20 years. But the majority just woke up to this when the TV started talking about it after Rice was sent to China.

CNN has had 46 stories on Tibet this week and 0 about Palestine. And that is with 29 Palestinians being KILLED 16 of which were children. And last week was the same only then Israel killed two Babies as well.

A) China is never letting go of Tibet any sooner than the US would return Texas to Mexico

B) If Tibet ever wanted independence, protesting, violence, and people attacking the Olympic torch (which has nothing to fucking do with it and makes you look crazy) is not the way to go about it.

C) Tibet should seek allies in Taiwan as well as China proper. Because China fucks over all their people. That is what Communism is like.

This shows the power of the media and if you ask a Pro-Tibet supporter what they want REALISTICALLY they can't even give you and answer just free Tibet. And a bunch of vague answers like they should have free speech. Hello no one of China has free speech thats China its a communist country. Duh.

We had American Indians rise up and declare independence in our OWN country and no one gave a shit about that. These hippy protesters ignored it because CNN and FOX ignored it. You want to talk about third world conditions in our own back yard go to any Indian reservation.

Lakota life expectancy is in the 40s the fucking 40s! Mid Evil Times lived that long. The largest media this has gotten is What Really Happened Radio, this blog, and the liberty forum. And thank you to all the bloggers who scooped it up and did what you could.

It just amazes me how people get directed like cattle by the press. Make a story about the damn torch and get 30 more by week's end. Cause people to direct anger to that. I have a suggestion better that attacking centuries old sporting events. Stop buying cheap worthless shit from China starting with those tacky Chinese made yellow ribbons and magnets that say support our troops.

What hypocrisy for people to support the troops (and China) and then yell about Tibet. And Our congress (Pelosi) is doing that. Its ok for the US to occupy a country in a REAL occupation and kill a MILLION people but not OK for China to arrest demonstrators the same way they do in all of the rest of China.

Did the CIA instigate a revolt in 1951 in Tibet? Well Yes. Why? Because the US was invading Korea and wanted to tie up China's hands. They never gave a rat's ass about Tibet even as Thousands were being murdered. And why would the US want China tied up again? Didn't this start (media-wise) just after Rice went to China and Vader went to the Middle East? Doe the US want to invade Iran? Does that even have to be asked? Wht two country pose the largest counter threat? Russia and China. Well Expect Chechnya to act up again soon. This is global play. The timing is too suspicious.

I support Liberty so I support Tibet but it's pretty low on my list. For one I am an American so I try to effect the things that are our fault first. Japan has taken some active steps. They have not turned on the Olympics (beating China in sports is more fun) but they have done things like stopped buying food from China down 70% and raising inspection standards (the Japanese way around tariffs and free trade which effectively still blocks imports. )

The US is addicted to Chinese goods and Chinese cheap labor and borrowing money from China. That's the real problem and we have it because of the Damn Fed which waste all our money killing for Israel and bailing out speculators.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:50 am 
Over the system
Over the system

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php? ... cleId=8697

Zeitgeist: Moving Forward
When Victims Rule

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:59 am 
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

You just highlighted a whole bunch of points pretty much the same as i was arguing with my friends over this.

One of my friends went on a huge rant about how Tibet and the Chinese should be free obviously after seeing all the stuff on the news, and me and my other friend agreed but had a big argument with him about the hypocrisy in the west. Olympics is the one time people all over the world get together too and it's sport so it's a shame poltics gets in the way, but hey that's cause the world is far from perfect...

Ry wrote:
I support Liberty so I support Tibet but it's pretty low on my list. For one I am an American so I try to effect the things that are our fault first.

damn right. people in the west need to realise that their own governments are contributing to so much of the problems in the world.

Ry wrote:
Didn't this start (media-wise) just after Rice went to China and Vader went to the Middle East? Doe the US want to invade Iran? Does that even have to be asked? Wht two country pose the largest counter threat? Russia and China. Well Expect Chechnya to act up again soon. This is global play. The timing is too suspicious.

true but I think the free Tibet crew would have tried to take advantage of the Olympics anyway. However, the way in which the media has jumped on it does make me think you could be right.

Oh, and good post exquisite.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:50 pm 
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Um yeah Palestine does get more attention in europe than it does it the US. but when the Tibet shit started it was all over our TVs.

In the UK the biggest TV news channels are Sky (owned by Rupert Murdoch), and BBC. BBC has always been better than most US news, but i think it's become worse and they don't want to offend anyone and be accused of not being balance so they will bow to pressure from zionists. Channel 4 is not bad doesn't get much attention compared to BBC and SKY. Newspapers are not bad but really we know that Palestine does not nearly get as much attention as it should.

John Pilger writes in 'Freedom Next Time' that a Glasgow University media group study found that only like 10% of young people they interviewed actually realised that the illegal settlers were Israelis and not Palestinians. they actually found that the more TV news you watched the less you knew.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:31 pm 
Anti-Zionist princess

T wrote:
Palestine gets more attention in Europe and Asia right? I would hope so

Yeah, Spain is where I found out about the occupation of Palestine.

Nice write up.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:46 am 
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

it gets more attention than in the US but it is hard to get less attention than nothing.

And in Asia Tibet certainly gets more coverage. But everyday in Japan there is something bad about China. NO they dont hate China. There are bad things on about China because they are true.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:04 am 
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

I didn't see protest when the US held the Olympics in Atlanta.
I don't know the Olympics are supposed to bring countries together not be used as a stage to rip on the country host I mean the US can do no batter than the pot calling the kettle black.

I think everyone going to China and seeing with their own eyes what a cesspool it is will be the best thing for China and Tibet. (people)

Having foreigners and foreign press in China will do wonders. The Olympics can be a foothold where the foreign eyes can finally see the shit China does everyday. And it is not just about Tibet its ALL of China. Anyone one poor gets fucked over for business interests that is the nature of communist. Communism is not to distribute wealth to the poor, communism is state control of industry to distribute wealth to itself the state the mega government/corporation. a LOT of people in the West need to see that.

Watch as the Chinese boo the Japanese athletes as they have all year in soccer and baseball. Let that be an eye opener. Maybe the US athletes will get booed as well. But not now. now the attention is on China.

Tibet is lucky that their cause happens to overlap US interests. Otherwise like the past 50 years there would be no coverage of this. You know it and I know it.

Board index » Current News » CURRENT NEWS post everything here