Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Current News » CURRENT NEWS post everything here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Too much BS
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:06 pm 
Protesting War
Protesting War

IrrigatedPancake wrote:
nedfumpkin wrote:
What a load of crap this is. If, as you suggest, the brooms had ergot applied to them that could be absorbed through the genital skin, then any handling of the broom would result in ergot poisoning, and via the hands, and transference to the mouth. Additionally, absorbing the poison through the genital skin would take too long before the hallucinatory effects were felt, and they would not be topical. Also, if ergot poisoning was as commonplace, there'd be no Irish today, since it causes spontaneous abortion. Finally, for those who don't know, LSD is derived from ergot.

I'm not going to bother picking the rest of your hypothesis apart because I would be here all night. I will, however, address the larger issue.

People actually believed in witches, and witchcraft. They did then, and they do now. Look at all the people who believe in sacred geometry, secret societies,and even UFOs today. Look at the born-agains who believe in the devil and terrorists under their bed. This is in the enlightened society we have today, so why are you surprised that people believed and practiced it back then. Because the fact is, there were witches, and persons who practiced sorcery. Whether they were effective or not is immaterial, that they believed it was sufficient for them.

Witch hunts were as much about fear as they were about taking advantage. The same goes for the US war on terror. Some people really believe the propaganda, and others are just taking advantage. Since I've not only got a copy of the Malleus Malificarum, and I've actually read it, I know that Sprenger and Kramer really believed what they wrote. Sure some took advantage of others, and there is a famous Czech case about how 150 people were put to death over ten years, but that was not always the case.

I could go on and on and on since I've been studying this subject longer than most of your readers have been alive.

Am I missing something? It sounds like you're angrily agreeing with everything except the practicality of sweeping with a broom coated in ergot.

Irrigated Pancake, you never disappoint. :lol: I gotta sub you or something.

Post subject: Re: Halloween Hidden history
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:26 pm 
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Board index » Current News » CURRENT NEWS post everything here