Fast food giant McDonald's has been fined £13,500 after a metal bolt was found in a snack at its English branch in West Midlands.
A customer at a West Midlands shopping centre, chewed on the bolt while eating a meal of sausage and eggs.
The company pleaded guilty at Dudley Magistrates' Court to a charge of producing food which did not meet required standards.
"We're very pleased with the outcome of this case and will not hesitate to take action in cases where customer safety is put at risk,” said a spokeswoman with Dudley council.
“It is essential all food businesses, whatever their size, have sufficient procedures in place to ensure foreign bodies cannot enter food and staff are adequately trained in those procedures," She added.
“This was an isolated incident that may have been connected with the servicing of the restaurant grills a few days before the complaint. We apologize for the incident and can reassure customers that correct procedures have been reiterated across the business," said a McDonald's spokesman.
He added that for the company food safety still remains 'top priority'.
McDonald's was also ordered to pay £3,578 in costs.
http://www.presstv.com/detail.aspx?id=2 ... id=3510212