Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Current News » CURRENT NEWS post everything here

Post subject: A Day in the Life
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:20 pm 
Speaking out
Speaking out

What is it like to be Palestinian? Today it is getting increasingly impossible. I communicate with some people who live in Deheisha, a refugee camp outside of Bethlehem. If they work for the Palestinian government, they can no longer draw a salary. The PA’s 165,000 workforce has not been paid in three months. The lowest paid workers, those who earn less than the equivalent of $330.00 a month are now been given a paycheck after three months but how long will this last?

Much attention was given to the IDF murder of the seven Palestinians on the beach last week, but Palestinians die every day of the week without quite the same fan fare. There is a phrase that describes the effect of the so-called coverage of the American media vis-a vis the situation of the Palestinians and that phrase is “damn by faint praise’.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think the media could ever be accused of praising the Palestinians but what it does do is ‘minimize by faint coverage’. They cover a little of the news of the unending atrocities of the Israeli government against them, presumably to avoid being accused of ignoring it. By covering it a little, people here are given the impression that it is much less than it is.

I have a website and two books, the Holy Land Unveiled, and Go to Gaza, both available for a nominal fee and a slide show for free. All are educational tools for Americans to get a fuller view of the situation there. The website is http://holylandunveiled.com/

Recently the US Congress passed House Resolution 4681. In it the US government labels the Hamas government terrorist organization-newslflash!- and then goes on to cut off any US aid to the Palestinians; to deny the Palestinians diplomatic representation in the US; to targets the UN for any aid given to that government; to cut off international food assistance to the Palestinians.

The following link explains it well. http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/or ... n_KEY=2539

As has already been pointed out, the Palestinians are being punished for practicing democracy. And the punishment is brutal. Israeli policies have already destroyed their economy and they live under a brutal military regime that acts with impunity. The US was already giving 75 times more money to Israel as to the Palestinians.
Interesting in itself as Israel is the 16th wealthiest country in the world; a wealth built to some degree on arms sales.

There is a tendency to soft-peddle the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in this country by using phrases like the “Israeli-Palestinian conflict” which give the impression that there is parity between the two sides, or the phrase “cycle of violence” which implies that the violence is about equal on both sides. Neither could be farther from the truth.

Israel’s destruction of Palestinians is a decades-long policy that proceeds every day in every way, none of it reported of course.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:31 pm 
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Excellenty piece, glad to have ya back, thought you disappeared!

Oh and i've nearly finished your book go to gaza, brilliant!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:15 am 
Speaking out
Speaking out

Muchisimas gracias.

:lol:

Now where is that little laughing Buddha? There he is.

Yes, it is about time people found out what is going on over there.

Jenifer

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:07 am 
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

It's a problem of king kong proportions. It's going to lead to a very big world war in my opinion.

Board index » Current News » CURRENT NEWS post everything here