Board index » Current News » CURRENT NEWS post everything here

Post subject: British TV Chef: Eating Puppy Meat Same as Eating Pork
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:12 pm 
Over the system
Over the system

Eating Puppy Meat Is the Same as Eating Pork, British TV Chef Says
http://www.myfoxny.com/dpps/news/offbea ... -_15420622

"Yankee Dog" - mustard only

(Sky News) - British TV chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall claimed that eating puppy meat is no more morally objectionable than consuming pork.

The celebrity chef previously shocked viewers by eating placenta pate, curried fruit bat, giraffe and calf testicles and now claims that he would not be against a "high-welfare organic puppy farm."

Fearnley-Whittingstall, the star of Channel 4's "River Cottage," was asked by British magazine Radio Times whether he would try loin of Labrador or cat liver.

"Not unless I was on the point of starvation," he replied. "In principle, but not in practice, I have no objection to a high-welfare organic puppy farm."

He added, "You can't object, unless you also object to the farming of pigs. It's an artificial construct of our society, a cultural decision, to make pets out of dogs and meat out of pigs. Both animals could be used the other way round, although pigs probably do make better meat than dogs and dogs better pets than pigs, but it's not a foregone conclusion."

It's not just for breakfast any more.

"Single acts of tyranny may be ascribed to the accidental
opinion of a day; but a series of oppressions, begun at a
distinguished period and pursued unalterably through every
change of ministers, too plainly prove a deliberate, systematic
plan of reducing [a people] to slavery."

~~ Thomas Jefferson

"Power kills, absolute power kills absolutely. The more power a government has, the more it can arbitrarily make war on others and murder foreign and domestic subjects. The more that government is constrained and diffused, the less tendency there is for them to commit genocide."
~~ Art Crino

When they put you in the internment camp, if you're really, really good, they might let you watch Dancing With The Stars.

Post subject: Re: British TV Chef: Eating Puppy Meat Same as Eating Pork
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:45 pm 
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

we dont eat baby pigs though and that would be a better equivillant to puppies.

Also what with the the oh its only culture so it doesn't matter. Culture does matter lady. People have a much stronger empathy for dogs. That might be purely cultural or it might be biological. Although pigs are smarter than most people assume, dogs are still a higher animal. If pigs had centuries relationships with people as adored pets then peopel would not eat them and eating them would be objectionable. But people don't you know why because pigs smell like pigs. Its offensive as hell to say well i dont care how it will hurt other people, they should just get over thier culture and let me eat dogs. OK then can we also eat people, and why not use cats for live bait the way we do worms? Its just cultural that they rive in pain, a worm cant scream so they dont matter. OR all animals are not the same and the ones with higher brain functions deserve dignity and a degree of rights.

I also have no problem with saying puppies are cute and pigs are not. Plus have you ever eaten bacon? That's why they are considered walking food.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:52 pm 
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

I can kind of understand what he's saying a little. I don't accept your point about baby baby pigs vs. Puppies because it's perfectly acceptable in the Uk for people to eat lamb. It tastes delicious. Have you ever heard a lamb cry - it sounds almost human. Domesticated dogs developed their apparent emotional characteristics because we bred them that way. Pigs are smarter than dogs and therefore a 'higher' animal but they're not cute so people don't object to this being eaten as much as normal dogs. I have to admit though I don't think I'm gonna rush out to eat puppy or dog.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:32 am 
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

pigs are NOT smarter than dogs. My fam had a pig farm and a chicken farm. that whole pigs are smater than dogs thing is an urban myth. Or what I call British science. There is an agendga if you look at it by the animal right fanantics to say this about piogs some go as far as to exaggerate that pigs are smarter than 3 year old children. Lol no fucking way. They base this on pigs looking in a mirror or playing with a joystick. Dogs can be dropped off in a different state and still walk their way home, they can remember being hit once with a rolled up new paper as a pup. Dogs are used to help the blind walk, and can understand plenty of human comands and diferenciate between twins. Dogs can be very intelligent especially a trained dog but even a basic dog is smarter than a pig. Dogs are much more mentally developed than pigs. pigs are walking bacon trees. When you look at the studies done to see how smart they are is a laughing stock. Dogs dont do as well on computers because they arent visually based they are ofactory. They're also social animals. Hell I know some full grown women that probably can't play a video game any better than a trained pig. Doesn't mean their dumb they just are completely uninterested in it.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:09 am 
Protesting War
Protesting War

also there is a huge factor of what they eat... dogs need high quality protein almost exclusively, while pigs eat tons of anything, usually waste from the rest of the farm operations... they can live outside in pens of mud... a pig wont protect your family, disarm an assailant, keep you warm at night, bark at intruders, or even gain enough weight to feed you for very long... oh a dog can even hunt food for you, pigs only find gay ass truffles... pigs are food, dogs overall increase your quality of life by being alive... and towards the whos smarter argument... i want to see a breed of pigs that just knows how to heard 50 sheep into a 4x4 hole in a fence without even a little training...

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:08 am 
Over the system
Over the system

Arnold Ziffel was no ordinary pig! Arnold was the greatest actor of all time and star of one of the best teeve shows ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh7bCeeJ_jg

Green Acres: I Didn't Raise My Pig to Become a Soldier
Oliver and Lisa agree to 'pig sit' Arnold while the Ziffels enjoy a second honeymoon.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/140851/green- ... -a-soldier

Green Acres: "Arnold Ziffel, Boy Hero"
Lisa and Oliver are taken hostage by two bank robbers who hide out in their farmhouse.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/170085/green- ... l-boy-hero

Green Acres: Love Comes to Arnold Ziffel
An unlikely but hilarious love affair between Arnold the pig and Cynthia the basset hound captivates the residents ...
http://www.hulu.com/watch/170100/green- ... old-ziffel

It's not just for breakfast any more.

"Single acts of tyranny may be ascribed to the accidental
opinion of a day; but a series of oppressions, begun at a
distinguished period and pursued unalterably through every
change of ministers, too plainly prove a deliberate, systematic
plan of reducing [a people] to slavery."

~~ Thomas Jefferson

"Power kills, absolute power kills absolutely. The more power a government has, the more it can arbitrarily make war on others and murder foreign and domestic subjects. The more that government is constrained and diffused, the less tendency there is for them to commit genocide."
~~ Art Crino

When they put you in the internment camp, if you're really, really good, they might let you watch Dancing With The Stars.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:14 am 
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Colbyor wrote:
also there is a huge factor of what they eat... dogs need high quality protein almost exclusively, while pigs eat tons of anything, usually waste from the rest of the farm operations... they can live outside in pens of mud... a pig wont protect your family, disarm an assailant, keep you warm at night, bark at intruders, or even gain enough weight to feed you for very long... oh a dog can even hunt food for you, pigs only find gay ass truffles... pigs are food, dogs overall increase your quality of life by being alive... and towards the whos smarter argument... i want to see a breed of pigs that just knows how to heard 50 sheep into a 4x4 hole in a fence without even a little training...

All the more reason to eat the dogs! :wink:

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:55 am 
Protesting War
Protesting War

pigs eat things you wont eat, and turn it into food... dogs eat the same food you do except turn it into less food...

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:21 am 
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Ed wrote:
All the more reason to eat the dogs! :wink:

so how long have you been living in Korea? :lol:

Board index » Current News » CURRENT NEWS post everything here