Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Current News » CURRENT NEWS post everything here

Post subject: So Long, Roland Martin
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:11 am 
Revolutionary Party
Revolutionary Party

anyone catch Roland Martin mension Israel and Apartheid in the same sentence last night? I think he's angered the AIPAC gods, I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped bringing him on.

In case you dont know him (and i dont blame you) he usually appears on CNN to defend Obama in a roundtable discussion.

heres his quote exactly, and kudos to him, even though I doubt it was intentional:

Quote:
COOPER: Well, Roland, David Gergen brought up an interesting point that I want to put to you about the African-American experience, the African-American experience in church versus white American experience in church and the tradition. Different traditions.

Is there -- is there something that -- I mean, white people looking at this interpret differently -- you can't generalize like this, but that African-Americans looking at this may see it differently or hear things differently than white Americans listening to this?

MARTIN: Absolutely. Because I think, for instance, one of the sermons when Reverend Wright talked about the -- talked about Israel and South Africa and apartheid. A lot of people will say, you know, hey, you know, South Africa, the African National Congress, they were a communist organization. But African-Americans will say, that's apartheid.

And so I remember even when Dick Cheney did not support the condemning of apartheid, because he said they were communists. African-American Pastors were saying, "Wait a minute. Apartheid is wrong."

Other people were saying, "No, we think communism is wrong." So we've had that history.

Board index » Current News » CURRENT NEWS post everything here