Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Current News » CURRENT NEWS post everything here

Post subject: Iraq fades as a concern among 2008 voters
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:43 am 
Anti-Neocon Patrol

How stupid can Americans be? :x im sure Bush is happy to hear this. What do you think all that money spent on war could have paid for?

Pocketbook worries outweigh voters' concerns over war in Iraq
http://news.yahoo.com/page/election-2008-political-pulse-voter-worries

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — Voters began to worry more about their pocketbooks over the last month — even more than about the war in Iraq.

More than half the voters in an ongoing survey for The Associated Press and Yahoo! News now say the economy and health care are extremely important to them personally. They fear they will face unexpected medical expenses, their homes will lose value or mortgage and credit card payments will overwhelm them.

Events, however, can quickly change public opinion. Thursday's assassination of Pakistan opposition leader Benazir Bhutto could draw more attention to terrorism and national security, an issue that still ranked highly with the public and which 45 percent of those polled considered extremely important.

Click on link to continue...

"Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of ... [Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness], it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." –Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:44 pm 
Speaking out
Speaking out

The Iraq war and coming Iran war along with the dismal monetary and foreign policy contribute to the dwindling American's pocketbook.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:39 am 
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Nothing has changed. The voters have always voted by their pocket book. The war only turned sour when they realized they got more exspensive oil not cheaper and that Iraq never attacked the US or had anything to do with 911.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:59 am 
Anti-Zionist princess

Its good that people r losing interest n nation building. :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:08 pm 
King Cnut

Phys wrote:

lol "nation building", yeah, I remember that one. Anyone remember "acid rain" from the 80s? Daft memes.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:06 am 
Revolutionary Party
Revolutionary Party

Liszt wrote:
Phys wrote:

lol "nation building", yeah, I remember that one. Anyone remember "acid rain" from the 80s? Daft memes.

Oh ya, acid rain. I think I was in elementary school when people started talking about that. I always wanted to see eat through the sidewalk like Alien blood, but it never happened. Where's good ol' acid rain been all these years?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:58 am 
King Cnut

IrrigatedPancake wrote:
Liszt wrote:
Phys wrote:

Oh ya, acid rain. I think I was in elementary school when people started talking about that. I always wanted to see eat through the sidewalk like Alien blood, but it never happened. Where's good ol' acid rain been all these years?

mad, isn't it?

Actually, speaking of the 80s, there was a TV ad for...erm, mushrooms, that went "make room for the mushrooms!", with cartoon mushrooms marching on a dinner plate ready to be eaten.

That advert is contantly in my head. Whenever I am not thinking about something else, it's "make room for the mushrooms!". Like my brain's fucking screensaver.

I just looked for it on the web, and only found other desperate victims, also looking for it.

Board index » Current News » CURRENT NEWS post everything here