Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Current News » CURRENT NEWS post everything here

Post subject: Teacher fired over smoking weed at his own house
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:15 am 
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

So on the same day that two American states legalized Marijuana, a social studies teachers and baseball coach in Japan was fired because he was caught smoking weed. How much did he have? Enough for one bowel 0.5grams. Basically about a quarter of a ping pong ball full.

He was fired and had to confess. He said he smoked it in his house alone and listened to music because he enjoyed doing that and that he had been smoking for two years. They put this all on TV and in two news papers.

The police searched his house that is how they found it. Apparently someone told on him. I dont have the details but it was enough to allow the police to search his home. So he lost his job and the schools reputation has bee hurt. The principle had to meet and apologize to people today. And say oh I am sorry I should have noticed there was a problem... I kid you not.

One newspaper ever wrote that he smoked the pot to enhance his spirit while listening to hip-hop music. I am so sick of the socially conservative Osaka. By the way Hashimoto put out another rule about cigarettes too. Any teacher caught smoking on or OFF grounds will face a 5,000 dollar fine that's dollars not yen. I don't support smoking tobacco anymore than weed, but I believe everyone has a right to their own body and the punishment does not fit the crime. Hashimoto has got to go. Furthermore tobacco is legal for people over 19 in Japan and they have no right to restrict that right based on a person's occupation especially of school grounds.

The man who was fired was only 25 he was a great coach and good teacher too he had a bright future. They are ruining his life over a tiny bit of marijuana. I knew him personally and he is a very nice man who does not deserve this. Would you like to help him? If there is enough interest I am thinking of organizing something for him.

http://mainichi.jp/select/news/20121108 ... 5000c.html
大麻所持:容疑で25歳高校野球部顧問を逮捕 大阪

毎日新聞 2012年11月08日 11時26分(最終更新 11月08日 11時49分)

乾燥大麻を隠し持っていたとして、近畿厚生局麻薬取締部神戸分室が、大阪府立夕陽丘高校(大阪市天王寺区)の常勤講師で野球部顧問、九星(きゅうぼし)亨容疑者(25)=同府河内長野市高向=を大麻取締法違反(所持)容疑で現行犯逮捕していたことが同室への取材で分かった。

逮捕容疑は、10月29日、自宅で乾燥大麻0.5グラム(末端価格約3000円)を隠し持っていたとされる。「約2年前から、音楽を聴くときに気分を高めるために使っていた」と容疑を認めているという。

同校によると、九星容疑者は昨年4月から常勤講師として日本史を教え、野球部顧問を務めていた。杉山友重校長(58)は8日、記者会見し、「日ごろから熱心に指導しており逮捕に驚いたが、管理監督できず責任を感じている。信頼回復に取り組みたい」と謝罪した。杉山校長が逮捕後の2日に九星容疑者に接見した際は「生徒や学校に申し訳ないことをした」と話したという。【宮嶋梓帆、林田七恵】

Post subject: Re: Teacher fired over weed
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:02 am 
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

I'm not sure how strict Japan law is in regards to cannabis, but losing so much over such a ridiculous thing is outrageous.

Post subject: Re: Teacher fired over smoking wed at his own house
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:26 am 
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Its not Japan it is Osaka and its the mayor Hashimoto.

Board index » Current News » CURRENT NEWS post everything here